Week in Review: Jan. 13 -- Jan. 19
The biggest story of the week was the announcement from Handspring that it was eventually going to phase out the Visor line. This caused so much controversy, there was a clarification from the company later. Handspring also said the Treo would be delayed a bit, that it has found a European wireless carrier and distributor for the Treo, and announced its quarterly earnings.
Not to be overshadowed by all the Handspring news, Sony announced two new models, the T615C and S360.
Palm Inc. released a beta of the Bluetooth SDK for developers and there was a report that it would release the Bluetooth SD card next month. The company has reduced its R&D spending just a bit and some info on OS 5 has leaked.
In the Market Place, there's a Visor Prism and ThinModem Plus for $250, an E&B case for a Sony N610C for just $25, and much more.
Article Comments(2 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife