Sony Drops Memory Stick Prices
Sony has dropped prices on their entire line of regular Memory Sticks. The most dramatic cut came at the top, where their 128 MB one dropped from $150 to $90, a 40% cut. The 64 MB Memory Stick was cut almost as much percentage-wise, going from $80 down to $50. Smaller Memory Sticks have also had price drops, too. These prices have already taken effect on Sony's webstore.
MagicGate Memory Stick prices have not been cut.
These cuts bring prices for Sony's memory cards down well below those of Panasonic's for SD cards. For example, a 64 MB SD card from Panasonic is $80. However, the two companies have been in a price war over flash memory prices since last summer and a price cut from one has, in the past, been quickly followed by a price cut from the other.
|Size||Former Price||New Price|
These are, of course, simply the manufacturer's suggested prices. These products can almost always be found cheaper elsewhere but retailers peg their prices on the suggested price so a drop in it should lead to drops in all retail prices.
Thanks to Ofer Avnery for the tip. -Ed
Article Comments(25 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain