Sony Clie SJ22 Announced in Hong Kong
SonyStyle Hong Kong has announced the Clie PEG-SJ22. The SJ22 is the replacement for the monochrome SJ20. It is practically identical in appearance and specifications to the SJ30 model.
The PEG-SJ22 has a 320x320, 65k color screen, 16MB of RAM and a Lithium-ion battery. it runs Palm OS version 4.1 and uses a 33mhz dragonball VZ. It also has a memory stick expansion slot, jog dial and back button and a standard IrDA port.
It's dimensions are 2.8" x 4.1" x .66" inches (71.8 (W) x 104.0 (H) x 16.8 (D) mm) and weighs 4.9 ounces (138g). The casing and dimensions and wieght are practically identical to the model it is expected to replace, the SJ20.
The unit comes with the standard set of Sony Palm OS 4 applications and also includes Kinoma v1.1 for movie playback. The unit does not have built in mp3 capabilities, but can use a separate audio adapter. Sony rates the battery life at 12 days, based on 30 minutes of use per day with the backlight off.
The SJ22 is available fro pre-order in Hong Kong for 1,780 HKD, or roughly $230 USD. There is no word on when this model will be available in other countries or at what price.
Article Comments(28 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife