Handango Champion Award Finalists Announced
Handango has announced the finalists for the annual Handango Champion Awards. The awards recognize outstanding applications in the burgeoning mobile software market.
Finalists were chosen by votes from software developers, members of the media and other industry experts. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on July 24, 2003 at the Handango Partner Summit in Scottsdale, Arizona. Awards will be presented for Palm OS®, Pocket PC, Symbian OS™, Java™, Windows® Powered Smartphone and Linux platforms in the following categories:
- Best Productivity Application
- Best Game Application
- Best Lifestyle Application
- Best Business Application
- Best Travel Application
- Best Medical Application
- Best Education Application
A complete list of finalists is available here.
"The Handango Champion Awards is an exciting opportunity to recognize excellence in this dynamic industry," said Laura Rippy, chief executive officer of Handango. "With more than 35,000 applications in our software catalog, this group of finalists represents the best of the best. The judges really have their work cut out for them."
The winners will be selected by an elite panel of judges including:
- Shawn Barnett, Pen Computing
- Matthew Bellows, Wireless Gaming Review
- Richard Bloor, The Wireless Developer Network
- Rich Brome, Phone Scoop
- Jen Edwards, PocketGoddess
- Leonard Fischer, Gannett News Service/USA TODAY
- Larry Gerson, Gadget Guy
- Richard Hoffman, Network Computing
- James Hromadka, VisorCentral
- Michal Jerz, My-Symbian
- Ryan Kairer, Palm Infocenter
- Ronny Ko, Bityard Magazine
- Glenn Letham, The Wireless Developer Network
- James Miller, PDAStreet
- Ron Rosberg, ABC Radio – KGO AM810
- Michael Sommer, Gadget Guy
- Michael Yuan, Java World
At the awards ceremony, Handango will also recognize six software developers for their outstanding accomplishments in development, marketing and business practices. Handango will present a “Developer of the Year” award to one company for each of the major mobile software platforms.
Handango Champion Award recipients will receive a generous awards package including a $5,000 marketing stipend as well as numerous promotional opportunities. Handango will promote the winning software on Handango’s retail CDs and feature the winners and finalists on Handango’s Web and on-device properties. Print and Web-compatible award logos will also be provided to all award recipients and finalists to recognize their achievement and for use in marketing materials.
With this announcement, Handango is also opening nominations for the "People's Choice" awards on the Handango Web site at www.handango.com within each product description, visitors can play judge and cast a vote for their favorite applications in a variety of categories.
Article Comments(9 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo