Sony Japan Debuts Two New Clies
UPDATED: Sony Japan has announced two new Clie handhelds, the NX80V and NX73V. The NX80V features a 1.3 Mega pixel camera with a Flash, Palm OS 5, 200mhz processor, 32MB of RAM, backlit keyboard and a CF card slot. The NX73V has similar features with a lower resolution camera.
Both models share a 3.8 inch 320x480 high resolution display, with the Sony flip/twist design. The models also share a CF and Memory stick expansion slots, voice recorder, mp3 player and a backlit thumb keyboard.
They both run Palm OS 5, on an Intel PXA263 processor running at 200MHz. Both models share the same dimensions of 71.9(W)×131.5(H)×21.8(D)mm. The NX73V weighs 230g, and the NX80V weighs 235g.
Sony rates the battery life at approximately 14 days, an improvement over the 10 day rating of the NX70V. Sony also claims 7 hours of music playback, over 4 hours for the NX70V.
The new models include native support for the Sony Memory Stick pro format. There is also a CF slot which can be ?hidden? or retraced into the casing. Sony will also support using Compact Flash memory cards as well as the Wireless LAN card.
While the Japanese models do not include integrated Bluetooth, PDAFrance has confirmed that the European version of the NX73V will include Bluetooth. This raises the possibility that Bluetooth may be integrated for other markets.
The NX80V and NX73V will be available in Japan on June 28th and June 7th respectively. Final pricing has not been set but according to PCWeb the NX80V is expected to be around 60,000 Yen or roughly $510 USD.
Article Comments(102 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah