Sony to Unveil New Clie on Friday?
The Investors Business Daily has published a report that a new Clie will be unviled at a press conference on Friday. The new handheld could likely be the prototype shown off recently in Japan. The prototype has a clamshell like design, a camera and some form of built in wireless.
The newspaper reports that Masanobu Yoshida, president of Sony's handheld unit, will unveil "the latest chapter of the Clie handheld" on Friday at a press conference in San Francisco.
The prototype Clie model was briefly displayed by a Sony Executive at a management press briefing in Japan in late May. Sony gave very little specific information about the device other than it will include some form of integrated wireless. It is also reported to have an integrated camera on the hinge. The shape and form factor of the device loosely resembles the design of the Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP.
Longtime readers will remember that Sony first showed off a prototype of what later became the NR70 in a similar manner at PalmSource 2002. That prototype was later released less than two months following the sneak peak.
Article Comments(133 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife