Sony Creates a Clie Car Cradle
Sony has just announced the Clie Car cradle. The new automobile accessory has a built in GPS receiver for maps and directions, can read email and your schedule out loud, charge your handheld and play mp3's over your car stereo system.
The CLIÉ PEGA-CC5 car cradle is compatible with the NX80V, NX73V and TG50 Clie handhelds. The cradle mounts to a car's air vent and uses a cigarette lighter to power and also charge the Clie. It also comes with a separate remote control that can wirelessly control certain software applications and cradle functions.
The GPS Assist Navigation system displays the car’s location and direction of movement through the handheld screen. With the bundled GPS antenna, the cradle unit provides turn-by-turn directions with voice prompts. A special version of Rand McNally® StreetFinder® Travel Navigation Software is included that features street-level maps and descriptions of restaurants, hotels, attractions and business services.
The cradle can transmit MP3 and ATRAC3 music files stored on Memory Stick media via car audio speakers through the FM transmitter function (optimal frequency range from 95.9 – 101.9MHz), or it can use the optional line-out cassette adapter or the Sony Bus Connection Adaptor Output accessories (for use with compatible Sony car stereo head units with Changer Control function.
In addition, a text-to-voice function can read back e-mail stored in CLIÉ Mail™ software application, and appointments from the datebook.
The car cradle will be available at retailers nationwide at the end of August for about $300. SonyStyle is now accepting pre-orders.
Article Comments(30 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife