SanDisk Debuts Faster SD and CF Cards
SanDisk Corporation has introduced the SanDisk Ultra II line of CompactFlash and SD flash memory cards. Each card features a minimum write speed of 9 megabytes per second (MB/sec.) and a minimum read speed of 10MB/sec., making them some of the fastest performing flash memory cards in the world, the cards will be available in November.
The new card is targeted primarily at the professional digital camera and prosumer market where 4 megapixel or higher resolution digital cameras require significantly faster digital film cards. The announcement was made at the IFA consumer electronics trade show
The new SanDisk Ultra II CF card will initially be available in three capacities – 256MB, 512MB and 1 gigabyte (GB). The 256 and 512MB SanDisk Ultra II CF cards started shipping this month while the 1GB cards will be sent to retail outlets in the next thirty days. SanDisk Ultra II SD cards will be available in 256MB and 512MB capacities in October and November, respectively.
Suggested retail prices for the three SanDisk Ultra II CF cards capacities—256MB, 512MB and 1GB—are $104.99 (about €95, excluding VAT), $209.99 (about €191, excluding VAT) and $429.99 (about €391, excluding VAT) respectively. The SanDisk Ultra II CF cards will replace the current Ultra CF line.
Suggested retail prices for the SanDisk Ultra II SD cards are $129.99 (about €118 excluding VAT) and $289.99 (about €264 excluding VAT) for the 256 and 512MB cards, respectively.
Article Comments(24 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife