Sony Lowers the SJ22, Replacement Imminent
Sony has lowered the price on its entry level handheld, the SJ22. Its likely successor, the TG35 was on display last week at a Japanese Trade show.
The PEG-SJ22 has a 320x320, 65k color screen, 16MB of RAM and a Lithium-ion battery. It runs Palm OS version 4.1 and uses a 33mhz dragonball VZ. It also has a memory stick expansion slot, jog dial and back button and a standard IrDA port. It's dimensions are 2.8" x 4.1" x .66" inches (71.8 (W) x 104.0 (H) x 16.8 (D) mm) and weighs 4.9 ounces (138g). You can read the full PIC review here.
TG35 and TG25
The likely replacement for the SJ22 was on display last week at the WPC Expo trade-show in Japan. According to various sources there will be two new clies coming soon.
The TG35 will have a 320x320 pixel TFT screen and run Palm OS 5.2. It may also run the 200mhz Motorolla Dragonball MXl, the same ARM chip used in the Garmin iQue and Tapwave Zodiac. It will have 32MB or RAM and a redesigned jog dial on the front of the handheld, where you would typically find the up/down buttons. The device has a thickness of 11.9mm or .47 inches. A less expensive version, the TG25, will have 16MB of RAM and no mp3 audio capabilities.
The new models are said to come in six different colors (purple, white, black, red, blue, silver). They should be available in Japan before the end of the year for around 20,000 Yen, which is roughly $175 USD.
Thanks to Lucky Bob for the tip.
Article Comments(22 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife