palmOne and Sprint Team on Mobile HeathCare Solutions
Sprint and palmOne announced today an agreement to develop mobile enterprise solutions targeted at healthcare organizations. The companies will leverage the Sprint Vision Network, and the Treo 600 to bring third-party applications to market solutions to mobilize healthcare processes, allowing healthcare providers to improve patient care, increase efficiencies and manage costs.
Initially Sprint and palmOne will provide healthcare organizations with joint offers focused on mobilizing patient records and providing access to critical patient information. Using these mobile solutions, caregivers will be able to access, track and record patient information at the point of care. In addition, the solutions can streamline business processes by allowing the caregiver to easily submit patient data to the required health information and administrative systems, reducing the potential for medical or billing errors.
Sprint has built a strong portfolio of security products and services that healthcare organizations can leverage to address HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) security requirements. Sprint is also leveraging its portfolio of wireless and wireline assets to provide integrated, managed mobility solutions designed for the healthcare market. Sprint can also provide solutions for the healthcare market including digital imaging and telemedicine capabilities.
Article Comments(12 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife