FCC OK's Verizon Pixi with WiFi
Engadget has spied a new FCC recordset containing some details on a yet to be announced Verzion branded Palm Pixi. The FCC reports go on to show a new CDMA based Pixi variant with the addition of WiFI to the standard feature set. The reports were originally issued on November 12th and mostly contain various technical analysts and related reports. Device photos and technical schematics have been withheld for the time being. The newly approved Pixi carries a model number of P121EWW, with the FCC ID of 08F-PIXEW.
With this regulatory hurdle out of the way, the path is now set for Verizon to begin offering its first webOS based device sometime in early 2010. The company previously made its intentions well known with a number of choice quotes from VZW's CEO and even big red's Twitter account gave some kind of confirmation it would at least offer the Palm Pre.
Thanks to SeldomVisitor for the tip.
Article Comments(6 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf
- RE: Don't we have this already? -LiveFaith