AT&T Mandates Update for Treo 680 Users
AT&T Wireless has begun sending out both SMS and written notifications to Treo 680 users that the 2.11 ROM update is now going to be a requirement to continue using their devices on the carrier after September 15th 2009.
Citing a pending "network upgrade", the AT&T letter claims that the 2.11 update, originally released way back in December of 2007, will give users "optimal call performance". The update contains a number of overall improvements in Bluetooth stability, the added Push-to-Talk capability and updated AT&T branding.
For users with the existing 2.11 update installed, there is no action necessary, as this is just a reminder to download and install the existing update, not a notification of an actual new software update. A related discussion of the story on TreoCentral is here and you can read our original coverage of this update's release in 2007.
Users can download the v2.11 Treo 680 software update at Palm Support.
Article Comments(4 comments)
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler