Pretec Demonstrates 2GB MMC Card
Pretec is demonstrating the world’s first 2GB MMC 4.0 flash memory card with Read speed about 150X (22.5MB/s) and Write speed greater than 120X (18MB/s), which is the highest speed small form factor flash memory card in the world today.
Compatible with most Secure Digital (SD) slots used by mobile phones, digital cameras, and other portable digital devices, MMC (MultiMediaCard) is one of the most popular memory cards formats in the world today. Version 4.0 is the most recent release of MMCA spec, with maximum transfer speed up to 20 times of today’s MMC, and 4 times faster than today’s SD card without any royalties for the high-speed interface. The speed of Pretec MMC 4.0 is about 200% faster than the fastest SD card available in the market and about 800% faster than Pretec MMC (V3.2) 1GB, which is the fastest and highest capacity in the market today.
The card supports dual-voltage operation of 3V/1.8V, making it the lowest power consumption flash memory card when operated at 1.8V. Pretec also offers Reduced-Size (RS) MMC 4.0, measured at only 18mm X 24mm X 1.4mm, which is 44% smaller area than SD card and 62% smaller volume than SD card, Pretec RS-MMC 4.0 is one of the smallest flash memory card in the world. Pricing and expected availability is not yet known.
Thanks to Scott Remick for the tip.
Article Comments(51 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain