SanDisk Announces 2GB High Performance SD Card
SanDisk announced today that is has quadrupled the capacity of its high-speed SanDisk Ultra II line of flash memory cards that includes the development of a new 8GB CompactFlash Type I card. The top end SanDisk Ultra II Memory Stick PRO and SD cards now offer 4GB and 2GB of capacity respectively.
Each SanDisk Ultra II card features a minimum write speed of 9 megabytes per second (MB/sec.) and a minimum read speed of 10MB/sec.* (Results based on testing with the popular HDBENCH benchmark software; actual results in digital cameras will vary by camera model.) The Ultra II cards are primarily targeted at serious photographers with 4-megapixel or higher resolution digital cameras that require fast, high capacity digital film cards to quickly shoot many high resolution images but can also be used in mostly any SD or MS Pro device.
SanDisk's Utlra II 256MB - 512MB SD cards now range from $65 - $90 USD, while the 1 and 2GB models range from $119 - $239 USD. The 2 - 4 GB Memory stick pro cards range from $479 - $959 for the top of the line card, while the 4GB Compact Flash card goes for $479, and the 8 GB CF card tops out at $959. The higher capacity cards are expected to be widely available in November.
Article Comments(15 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife