Dual Boot Linux on a Palm TX
The folks at Eyebeam have put together a couple of pre-configured packages and simple steps for setting up a dual boot environment for Linux on a number of Palm PDAs. There is also a video guide posted on Instructables (embedded after the break) that walks through the process with a Palm TX. This method involves copying over a PDA optimized Linux boot image to an SD card and going from there.
The video demonstrates their Reware project and shows the basics of how to use the Reware disk image and some musical apps created for it. Users are of course encouraged to back up prior to attempting this process as there is a potential for data loss.
Users interested in Linux on Palm devices should also check out the resources and info at Hack&Dev.
Thanks to PalmAddict for the tip.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf