SanDisk Bumps Up SD and MS Pro Capacities
SanDisk at CTIA introduced the world's largest capacities of Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD cards with 4-gigabyte (GB), 1GB and 2GB capacities respectively. These new cards are double the current maximum capacities and are designed to fit into a broad range of digital devices and consumer electronics devices.
With higher performance and embedded MagicGate technology, the SanDisk Memory Stick PRO and Memory Stick PRO Duo feature high capacity, high-speed data transfer and built-in security for the secure transfer of copyright-protected content and real-time recording of high-resolution images and video. The introduction of the 2GB SanDisk SD cards makes it possible to store hundreds of high resolution digital images, JPEG compressed video clips and many hours of digital music on a single card.
To achieve these industry-leading capacities, SanDisk employs its highest density 90-nanometer 4-gigabit NAND/MLC (Multi-Level Cell) flash memory, chip stacking technology and latest generation of 32-bit controller architecture. These are coupled with high performance algorithms to maximize MLC performance while benefiting from the lower cost-per-megabyte of MLC memory.
The SanDisk Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD cards are available at the suggested retail prices and availability as follows:
|SanDisk Memory Stick PRO||128MB – 2GB||$54.99 – $399.99||Now|
|SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo||128MB - 512MB||$59.99 – $114.99||Now|
|SanDisk SD Card||128MB - 1GB||$29.99 – $99.99||Now|
Article Comments(18 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain