Centro Ranks Well in Latest AdMob Report
Mobile Advertising firm AdMob recently released its latest monthly Mobile Metrics Report. In the September 2008 edition the Palm Centro ranked in the top 10 of all US mobile phones at number 6. If you take the feature phones out of the picture, the Centro was nearly at the top of the list and even managed to edge out the iPhone during the same month which placed seventh.
The report also reveals some other interesting statistics. In total worldwide requests Palm came in at 1.8% (4.5% US), while its two major competitors RIM and Apple, came in at 3.5% and 2.5% respectively. In terms of requests by smartphone OS, in the United States RIM had a lead with 31%, Windows Mobile 29% and the Palm OS came in third with a 17% share again just slightly edging out the iPhone with 16%. Worldwide the percentage was much lower at 6%, reaffirming Palm's current weak international sales.
In the US alone, AdMob saw a total of just under 2 billion requests, a 2.7x increase over the same month last year. The report is based on statistics from the total number of devices that are served ads from its 3,500+ mobile publishing partners. (The PalmInfocenter Mobile site includes AdMob advertising).
Article Comments(23 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife