Third Party Treo 800w Audio Adapter Cancelled
An employee from the Accessory outfit Seidio has quietly confirmed via a forum post that Seidio's plans to release a microUSB to 3.5mm stereo headphone adapter for the Treo 800w has become much more difficult than originally anticipated. Therefore, according to the company's representative seidioseidio, Seidio has postponed (IE: cancelled) their plans to produce the adapter.
Treo 800w users wishing to utilize their existing high-quality stereo headphones or earbuds must therefore install a microUSB 2.5mm headset adapter and then a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter (such as the cumbersome Palm model I reviewed here) attached to that. The only alternatives for kludge-free music listening on the 800w remain Bluetooth A2DP wireless and the handful of standard microUSB stereo headsets on the market.
Fortunately, Palm has seen fit to finally follow the trend of conventional 3.5mm jacks, as the new Treo Pro is the first new device from Palm in nearly three years (since the Palm TX) to offer a standard 3.5mm jack.
Article Comments(10 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain