Yahoo Begins Send Search Results via SMS
Starting today, Yahoo! Local is the first major site to offer users the ability to quickly and easily send their search results from their PC directly to their smartphone or mobile device.
This new service is freely available across all the major US wireless carriers - Cingular/AT&T Wireless, Verizon, Sprint/Nextel and T-Mobile - excluding carrier SMS fees.
Consumers can now click to send a text message with the business name, phone number, address and cross-street of their Yahoo! Local search results directly to their SMS enabled phone. Many consumers will even be able to call the business number directly from the text message. This new ability builds upon the successful launch of Yahoo! Search for Mobile and Yahoo! Local for Mobile across several major US carriers late last year.
By implementing this service via text messaging, the most widely used data application with more than 70% penetration across carriers (Telephia, 8/04), and simultaneously launching across all the major carriers Yahoo! has cast the broadest net possible to make it easy for millions of consumers to take their search results with them on the go. This launch supports Yahoo!'s focus on extending its key services beyond the desktop – letting consumers take Yahoo! with them on the go. Yahoo! is the No. 1 Internet destination worldwide, the top website accessed via the wireless internet (Telephia, 8/04) and the No. 1 destination for people looking for local information online (NNR).
Article Comments(5 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife