Verizon Confirms Treo 650 Coming Soon
Verizon Wireless has finally acknowledged that they will soon offer the palmOne Treo 650 smartphone. The company has just put up a new teaser page with a few details, but no time frame.
As of this morning for some zip codes, Verizon Wireless' web page includes a banner ad for a "Coming Soon" page for the Treo 650. It states "the Treo 650 will soon be certified on the Verizon Wireless network." Customers can sign up to recieve an email once the device is available.
Pricing or a firm launch date is not listed, but it is not unreasonable to anticipate that Verizon Wireless will drop prices on the Treo 600 (and perhaps even the Kyocera 7135), both of which have been available on their system for some time.
The teaser page does confirm that some Bluetooth services will be deliberately disabled including OBEX file transfer and Dial Up Networking (DUN). A Disclaimer states: "The Treo 650 supports the following Bluetooth Profiles: wireless headset, hands-free accessories, file transfer and synchronization with compatible PC’s. It does not support all profiles, for object exchange (Obex)."
Thanks to Harold Goldner for the tip!
Article Comments(17 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife