Palm Desktop 4.2 Rereleased as 4.1.4E
Palm has rereleased the Palm Desktop for Windows that was initially billed as version 4.2. It is now called version 4.1.4E. The E denotes that it is meant for devices with the extended PIM applications.
This update is identical to Palm Desktop 4.2, with simply a new version number. Palm Support says if you installed the version labeled 4.2, there is no need to install 4.1.4E.
Palm Desktop 4.1.4E for Windows is available here. It is only compatible with the Treo 650, LifeDrive, Tungsten T3, T5, E, E2, and the Zire 31, 71, 72.
The installation process has been improved for users that upgrade from a previous Palm device. It has a new wizard that can copy all previous information and software applications to a new device. It also can detect incompatible apps in the users backup folder in order to avoid conflicts.
This installer is not meant for Treo 600 users or anyone who has the PocketMirror Standard conduits because this desktop installs the Outlook conduits meant for handhelds and smartphones which use the extended PIM applications.
Article Comments(5 comments)
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler