Centro Sprint Mail Bug Wipes Out Battery
Information Week is reporting on a new particularly nasty bug that has shown up on the Sprint Palm Centro. It seems that a password related email glitch with Sprint's Mobile email software can cause the battery to fully drain in less than three hours.
According to Sprint support the problem is caused when a customer's password is set incorrectly or the ISP email server is unavailable. Sprint says they are working with SEVEN (the Sprint Mobile email provider) on a update. A over the air download will be released sometime in mid-december.
Sprint recommends that customers who are having battery drain issues on the Palm Centro and using Sprint Mobile Email should remove the Sprint Mobile Email application and instead use Palm's Versamail "Email" application until the new Sprint Mobile Email application is posted.
Customers who delete the Sprint Mobile Email client will be able to download the updated client from the "Downloads" site accessible in the main menu of the Palm Centro.
Article Comments(2 comments)
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko
- webos smart watch? -BaalthazaaR
- RE: Still here?? -HyperScheduler
- Picking up a Pre 3 -Tuckermaclain