XPRO P368 Smartphone on Sale in China
A new Palm OS smartphone is now on sale in China. The XPRO P368 is a GSM clamshell smartphone that runs Palm OS Garnet.
The XPRO P368 is a rebranded version of the GSPDA Xplore M98 smartphone for the Chinese market. It runs Palm OS Garnet v5.4 and has a Tri band GSM (900/1800/1900) wireless radio. It is powered by a TI OMAP 168 Mhz processor and features 64MB of Flash memory and 32MB of SDRAM.
It has a 260k color 2" inch touchscreen 176x220 pixel internal display and a 96x96 pixel external screen. It also features a 1.3 megapixel digital camera, with digital zoom and movie support, and a TransFlash memory expansion slot underneath the battery.
The phone has dimensions of 95.5 x 46.8 x 25.5 mm, and weighs 109g. It is powered by a Li-Polymer 800mAh Battery.
It supports 40 Polyphonic and mp3 ringtones. It also allows you to record your own mp3 ringtones and also comes with an mp3 audio player.
The phone has two different graphical user interfaces – one that works much like a phone with simplified icons, and the other is the full PalmOS interface. The logic is that the regular phone interface is meant to keep things simple and allow you to quickly access phone functions without having to scroll through an intimidating number of icons. However, if you want to access the full PDA functions, all you have to do is press a button and the familiar PalmOS graphical user interface will appear.
More details can be found here (Chinese).
Thanks to Gaurav and Craig Bowers for the tip.
Article Comments(25 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain