Handmark Releases TV Guide Mobile
Gemstar-TV Guide and Handmark today announced the immediate availability of TV Guide Mobile, a dynamic new television listings and content service designed for Palm OS handhelds and smartphones. Through a yearly or monthly subscription, TV Guide Mobile provides consumers with the content and personalized tools they need to get the most out of the world of television.
TV Guide Mobile features include:
- Instant access to TV Guide daily local TV listings;
- Ability to search TVGuide.com’s comprehensive “Big Movie Guide” database, which contains 40,000 movie reviews, and its “Show Guide” database, which includes episode synopses and other information on 600+ TV series, past and present;
- Searches organized by title, genre or celebrity;
- Customization allowing users to receive information only about their favorite channels, shows or celebrities, through features such as “My Watch List,” that keeps users favorite programs in one place;
- The latest Hollywood news, gossip and commentary from www.tvguide.com, including: Ask Ausiello; Insider; The Biz; Ask Matt; Roush Review; Ask The Televisionary; Watercooler; and Soap News.
“We’re excited to make TV Guide Mobile available for these smartphone platforms through Handmark, a premier innovator in mobile media,” said Richard Cusick, senior vice president and general manager of Digital Media at Gemstar-TV Guide. “This is one of several initiatives in the mobile space that Gemstar-TV Guide is pursuing. Mobile is a key area for the company and one that we are prioritizing across all of our products, services and partnerships.”
“Whatever you’re interested in from the world of television, TV Guide Mobile has it,” said Douglas Edwards, Handmark cofounder and executive vice-president. “The greatest benefit is that users can customize TV Guide Mobile to deliver the exact content they want -- favorite channels, updated schedules, ‘My Watch List.’ It’s an incredibly personalized experience.”
TV Guide Mobile costs $29.99 per year. There is a two week free trial available. You can get it here.
Article Comments(4 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife