Turn Your Palm Into a Walkie Talkie
RNS:: has released an interesting new program for the Palm OS. WiFiTalkie lets you use your handheld like a Walkie-Talkie 2-way radio. WiFiTalkie uses VoIP (Voice over IP) technology to broadcast audio data. The program supports full duplex mode, which lets you broadcast and receive voice simultaneously. It also offers several additional functions (such as "push-to-talk switch", "noise if no transmission", "beep after each transmission") which make it truly resemble a genuine walkietalkie.
It requires two or more compatible devices with a broadband network connection. The handhelds must have WiFi connections. Most Palm OS 5+ Sony Clie models are supported, as well as the LifeDrive and Palm TX (receive only - no microphone) other Palm branded models may work with the Palm Wi-Fi SD card. WiFiTalkie v1.0 comes with a free trial and costs $14.95 for the full version.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf