Treo 700w/wx 1.22 Update for Verizon
Palm today has issued a new v1.22 software update for the Treo 700w and 700wx on Verizon Wireless. The update brings a number of new features including native A2DP support, for Bluetooth Stereo Headphones, High-speed dial up networking over USB and Bluetooth, Today screen improvements and hands-free enhancements.
Palm says the Treo 700w/wx Updater v1.22 is designed to update your device while preserving your data. However in some instances, user set preferences may not be retained after updating. The update is only intended for Verizon models.
It can be performed via a desktop computer running Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2, or Windows Vista. It also requires ActiveSync 4.2 and 4MB of Program Memory & 4MB of Storage Memory available on your Treo.
On the Treo 700w, this update features:
- High-speed dial up networking (DUN) – use your Treo smartphone as a wireless modem for fast web access virtually anywhere1. Supports USB and Bluetooth connections.
- Advanced audio support (A2DP) – listen to the clear sounds of high-definition audio with new support for Bluetooth stereo headsets.
- Today Screen enhancements – one-touch access to the Speakerphone and Mute control buttons gives you more freedom than ever.
- Hands-free enhancements – Drive safely and work more efficiently. Get support for even more Bluetooth carkits and the Palm wired carkit.
- Abbreviated dialing preferences – save time with the international dialing prefix and abbreviated dialing for campus environments.
On the 700wx, this update features:
- Update Registry settings for Bluetooth stereo headsets (A2DP) and Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking (DUN) support.
- DUN performance improvements.
- Additional Daylight Savings Time features.
Thanks to Jeffrey Pena for the tip.
Article Comments(1 comment)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf