Palm Changes Ad Agency to Young & Rubicam
Hot on the heels of the Treo 680 rollout, Palm has announced their new advertising firm as San Franciso-based Young and Rubicam, replacing AQKA.
Palm announced on Thursday a major initiative to target individual consumers with the new Treo 680 smartphone. Accompanying this new hardware is a new ad campaign warchest rumored to be in the neighborhood of $20-$25 million, up from the previous year's $15 million. Read on for upcoming example advertisements.
"The Palm brand in the Americas is synonymous with simple, elegant mobile computing; now we want to make this recognition global," said Ed Colligan, Palm president and chief executive officer. "Y&R is ideally suited to unleash the power of our brand in this exciting growth marketplace."
Palm has already begun rolling out a variety of new ads backed by heavy-duty content partners TypePad, Google, Yahoo, and the new Palm slogan, "Not just a cellphone. A Treo!"
Update: Just to clarify, this new campaign is the work of AKQA, not Y&R.
Treo 680 ads featuring Google and Yahoo.
An interactive outdoor ad. You can apparently send an sms to a number on the screen and the treo will perform and display searches and other functions.
Article Comments(42 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife