New Palm GPS Navigator Kit 3 Forthcoming?
Computersplusnyc.com is listing a new Palm GPS Navigator 3 kit for Smartphones in its product listings. The sales price is given at $287.42 and is currently not in stock.
In addition, Palm's latest Estimated Street Price List sheet shows the GPS Navigator 3 kit as being compatible with Treo 650, 700w/p/wx, and Treo 680. The current GPS Navigator 2 kit is incompatible with the Treo 680 and only unofficially supports the 700wx.
A recent article from CES 2007 written by Andrew at TreoNauts also mentioned a discussion he had with a Palm spokesperson who hinted at a forthcoming new GPS kit. This mildly revised package will have TomTom Navigator 6.03 software (the most recent as of this writing) and the newly updated 2006 maps mentioned here recently as well as Treo 680 and MiniSD card support. The cradle included with this new package is also supposedly custom-designed for Treos so it should be smaller and less vibration-prone.
Also of interest is the fact that the very same January 2007 Palm ESPL shows the LifeDrive as EOL'd and a few Palm peripherals reduced in price.
Article Comments(1 comment)
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler