RIM Purchases DataViz Assets
RIM has confirmed rumors that it has acquired portions of DataViz, makers of the popular multi-platform Documents to Go application suite. RIM released a prepared statement to Digital Daily confirming the deal without going into many details:
"RIM has acquired some of the assets of DataViz and hired the majority of its employees to focus on supporting the BlackBerry platform," the company said in a statement given to Digital Daily. "Terms of the deal were not disclosed but the transaction was not material to RIM in the context of RIM's financial results."
What this means for DataViz's software on other platforms is unclear at this point. It is also not entirely clear how much of the company RIM has agreed to takeover. Just last week the company confirmed it would not be making a webOS version of Documents to Go citing numbers technical hurdles with the platform.
Article Comments(1 comment)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife