Palm Pre Wins CNET Best of CES Awards
UPDATED (1/13) I just noticed a gigantic banner installed in the South Hall entrance here at CES (posted after the break). It seems that Palm has managed a massive turnaround of perception given their recent struggles.
In another positive sign that Palm's resurrection is at hand, the Pre has just been awarded CNET's "Best of CES 2009" award, for "Best in show" as well as the "People‘s Voice Award". The Pre beat out the Motorola Surf A3100 (rather unimpressive) and the LG Watch Phone (a very stunning device, I must admit) in the Cell Phonjes and Smartphomnes Category.
Details are still sketchy now but we will post more as this story develops.
Palm has posted a lengthy entry to their corporate blog discussing the awards. In summary, Palm actually walked away from CES 2009 with three (not two!) awards. In addition to the CES fanfare, Palm's blos post mentions some Pre hype from the New York Times' David Pogue as well as comedian Jimmy Fallon of Saturday Night Live fame.
Article Comments(41 comments)
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko