Preware 0.9.3 Stuffs Patches In Package
Pre owners: your attention, please. The latest version 0.9.3 of Preware and the Package Manager Service that makes it all tick (0.9.7) have now been released for your homebrewing pleasure. What's new? The WebOS-Patches feed (powered by AutoPatch, a technology so magic it must be bolded) is now enabled by default, and requires no extra effort on your part. However, if you've previously installed anything with the earlier version of AutoPatch, then you'll need to run the Emergency Patch Recovery tool before doing anything new, else dire consequences await. Rod Whitby has thoughtfully put together a transitioning guide for upgraders here. Recommended reading, class.
Also making their debut in 0.9.3 are some brand-new feed management features. Hit the Preware app menu in the top-left corner, go to Preferences, and then hit the app menu again for a Feeds option. If you've previously checked out this scene, you'll have noticed a startling similarity to the initial release of Snow Leopard (or Vista, if you prefer), in that nothing worked at all. Now it does! The scene will let you configure exactly which homebrew package feeds Preware will check for updates - handy if you're constantly getting the Spinning Eternal Wheel of Updating problem (SPEWUP) due to a borked repository.
Article Comments(5 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife