Palm's Smartphone Market Share: Not Budging
Is it good news or bad news? That's the question confronting Palm and its investors today, as we're greeted with a fresh report from ChangeWave Research that shows the company's share of the smartphone market hasn't budged one iota since ChangeWave's last survey in June. The latest edition (PDF link) of ChangeWave's 90-day outlook for consumer smartphones shows Palm's share of the market holding steady at 7%.
How to interpret this? As usual, there's both glass-half-full & glass-half empty options. The former is the view that appears to have been taken by ChangeWave, with the company noting that this is the first time in years that Palm's market share hasn't declined since the previous survey, the Pre has potential to "attract customers from other manufacturers" and the Pre's customer satisfaction rankings are far above those of previous Palm phones (45% vs 28%).
Pessimistic types will note, however than even though the smartphone market grew as a whole, Palm was unable to rip off a bigger piece for itself, even with a fair bit of media attention.
Article Comments(69 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -heavyduty
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud