Palm Ranks Last in Cellphone Satisfaction
A recent report from ChangeWave Research into cellphone customer satisfaction has ranked Palm dead last. In a January 2008 survey of 4,182 customers, only 30% of respondents using a Palm phone reported being "very satisfied" with their device. By contrast, first-place winner Apple's
cultists customers came back with a stratospheric 72% and RIM a respectable 55%.
This trend has been apparent since two surveys previous, beginning with the ChangeWave report from July '07 that ranked Palm second-last.
Without further information on the respondent demographics it's difficult to draw any firm conclusions, but taken at face value this result should have warning klaxons blaring at Palm HQ. Provided they haven't tuned them out as background noise.
Paul Loeffler, a public relations rep at Palm, has posted a rebuttal and Palm's view, in the comments on this report.
Paul cites two recent reports by third-party research firms contracted by Palm (Satmetrix and Russell Research) that show a much different sentiment than what the ChangeWave survey suggests. The Satmetrix survey found that 65% of respondents rated their overall satisfaction with Palm as an 8-10 out of 10. Also, the Russell Research study found that 56% of respondents were either “very satisfied” or “extremely satisfied” with their Palm smartphone device.
To be fair, the ChangeWave study can be somewhat misleading if you do not read the above graph carefully. The graph shows the specific percentage of customers who say they are very satisfied with their current device. The report does not disclose what the array of choices were in the questioning, and which specific device they used.
Article Comments(52 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah
- Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Gekko