Control your PC with your Palm
PDA Controls.com in conjunction with The Pittsburgh Pebbles PDA Project at Carnegie Mellon University have created a site devoted to the promotion of software that controls a Windows Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 based PC. The software is FREE, as are the step by step instructions on how to install and operate the various applications. There are also applications that permit multiple Palms to be connected to the same computer and work simultaneously.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association will feature an article on the software's implications for the handicapped in it's Feb. 2001 issue of "Quest" magazine. This is an important step forward in permitting computer access to everyone.
The Pebbles programs allow you to connect in three ways: using a serial port, using Infrared, or using a network connection. The PC must be running the PebblesPC application.
Some of the Palm app include:
- Remote Commander - allows the Palm to be used as if it were the PC's cursor and keyboard
- Pebbles Chat - allows users to communicate with other Palm users connected to the same PC
- Shortcutter - allows users to draw panels of controls (buttons, scroll bars, knobs and other widgets) on the Palm and then use them to control any PC application
- MultiCursor and PebblesDraw - drawing application in which each Palm user has their own cursor. PebblesDraw is an experimental, prototype, partially finished application.
Article Comments(12 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko
- webos smart watch? -BaalthazaaR
- RE: Still here?? -HyperScheduler
- Picking up a Pre 3 -Tuckermaclain