AvantGo 4.0 Late But Now Available
Late last month, AvantGo announced that a new version of their client software would be released on April 10. It was finally released this morning. It can be downloaded from this teaser page of some of their new wireless services. For non-corporate users, the new client offers 30% faster browsing over wired and wireless connections and a new user interface so individuals can more easily and transition between wireless and offline connectivity modes.
For corporate users, the new version adds wireless infrastructure enhancements to the company’s M-Business Server and its Mobile Engines for the Web, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Exchange.
When asked yesterday when the new version was going to be ready, Karen Logsdon from AvantGo's Corporate Communications said "As a result of our commitment to deliver the best mobile user experience, we have delayed the release of AvantGo 4.0 for the AvantGo mobile Internet service until it meets our stringent quality guidelines. The AvantGo team is working hard to get this product out to you and expect to do so in the very near future."
Article Comments(51 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah
- Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Gekko