Palm Heads to the Big Leagues
The San Francisco Giants and Palm, Inc. have installed three beaming stations at Pacific Bell Park. Handheld users can now keep score and track the game more closely than ever before when they visit a beaming station and get a scoring application and the latest Giants and visiting team statistics and roster for their Palm Powered handhelds.
Users will receive a scorekeeping application and other information like statistics, rosters, lineups, pitching match-ups and biographies for easy reference during the game. The beaming stations work with any Palm OS based device, including those from Palm, Handspring, Sony, IBM, Kyocera and Symbol.
The beaming stations, developed by WideRay Corporation of San Francisco, contain three small servers that deliver broadband, custom information. This includes TurboStats ScoreKeeper and information provided by the Giants Today section of the San Francisco Chronicle. Beaming stations will be updated before each home series, enabling fans to receive the latest statistical information on the team. In the near future, a collector series of electronic player cards also will be available.
Beaming stations were installed in three locations around the ballpark, including on the AAA Club Level near section 219, on the Promenade Level near the 2nd and King pedestrian ramp, and in the Field Club Lounge. In addition, a scoreboard video will run during select Giants homegames to help educate fans about how to use the beaming stations and how to keep score.
Article Comments(13 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith