Access E-mail from Multiple Accounts with Mobile Mail
Mobile Mail is a free service that lets handheld users check multiple e-mail accounts. It allows complete access to many types of accounts, including read, write, reply, and forward. Best of all, it works well with AvantGo, allowing users to send and receive e-mail whenever they HotSync. It also allows access to newsgroups, ICQ, news, weather, and much more.
HotMail and MSN users have full access to their accounts, as well as Microsoft Exchange users. It also supports IMAP. There are some limitations. While Mobile Mail supports retrieving e-mail through POP, it doesn't support sending mail through SMTP, which most dial-up ISPs use. But HotMail accounts are free. There is no limit to the number of accounts that can be accessed.
There is also a PQA that allows wireless users to access Mobile Mail.
A list of all the functions that this service provides includes:
- Unlimited NNTP newsgroup accounts
- Read, send, reply to newsgroup messages
- Send ICQ Messages
- Find ICQ Friends
- Send Message to Cell Phone/Pager
- Browse/Search Internet
- Get stock quotes
- Get Maps and Directions
- Find Starbucks
- Get Local Information
- Whois/Domain Name Lookup
- Weather Information
- DNS Lookup
- Dictionary Lookup
- Translate e-mail between 8 languages
On the Web:
Article Comments(28 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W