Rumor: Palm Preparing m125 with SD Slot
Two independent sources have sent information that Palm is close to releasing a new handheld model. The Palm m125 is going to be part of the m100 series but will bear little in common with the m100 and m105.
It will be a monochrome model with an SD/MMC slot on its left side, finally meeting Palm's promise last year that all Palm models would have the expansion slot. It will also abandon the m100 form factor to instead use the Universal Connector from the m500 series, fulfilling another promise. However, it will have a different-sized stylus that only it can use. One of the sources described its redesigned faceplate as being "more classy".
It will come a USB cradle, though, like the m500 series, it can also use a serial cradle. It will also run off regular batteries, not internal rechargeables.
It will run some flavor of OS 4 and will have new functions in its NotePad app and added security functions, too.
There are still a great deal about this new handheld we don't yet know:
- Does it have the m100 series' smaller screen?
- Does it have a flash ROM?
- What will it cost?
- When will it be available?
The m100 is almost exactly a year old, having been announced August 7, 2000. It has been a very successful model for Palm, especially amoung students. The m105, basically the same handheld except with more memory, was released in March.
Update: Far more information on the m125 is now available here, including answers to most of the questions raised in this article.
Article Comments(45 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler