Lawsuit Alleges Palms Fry PCs
A lawsuit filed in California says that Palm handhelds can "damage or destroy the motherboards on certain PC brands" when placed in the HotSync cradle, according to an article put out by the Associated Press. The suit doesn't list which models cause this but one of the lawyers involved said, "our investigation has uncovered that it involves more than one (Palm) model and we know it's more than an isolated problem." The law firm also alleges that it affects PCs made by Dell.
A Palm spokesperson said, "We haven't seen the lawsuit yet," and had no other comment.
The suit was filed in San Francisco County Superior Court on behalf of two Californai residents. They are trying to make this a class action.
This is at least the second law suit filed against Palm recently. The first one alleges Palm conspired with the underwriters of its IPO to artificially drive up the price of its stock.
Thanks to Russell Howell for the tip. -Ed
Article Comments(75 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife