WordSmith 2.1 Has Spell Checker, Thesaurus, VFS Support
Blue Nomad has just announced WordSmith 2.1, which features several major enhancements, including spell checker, thesaurus, and virtual file system (VFS) support. In addition, WordSmith 2.1 will ship with a carbonized Mac OS Wordsmith desktop application that runs natively under OS X, and FineType Manager, which allows users to delete, beam and preview Blue Nomad FineType fonts. It will be available near the end of this month for $30. It is a free upgrade for all current users.
WordSmith also runs in full screen mode (without title and toolbar) and includes find/replace all, multiple clipboards, unlimited undo, word count, special security options and various go-to features.
It not only supports rich text, such as bold, italics and underline but also paragraph formatting and indents, justification, font selection and color.
WordSmith 2.1 is fully compatible with Microsoft Word, includes a bi-directional synchronization conduit for Windows and the Mac OS, and offers a command-line document converter for Linux/Intel users. It is likewise compatible with any word processor capable of reading and writing "RTF" files and allows users to synchronize documents between more than one desktop computer.
WordSmith, the latest product from Blue Nomad, was released in January of 2001 and was named Best Doc Editor/Viewer of 2000 by Handheld Computing and Best Application of 2001 by VisorCentral.
Article Comments(26 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife