Rumor: Picture of Palm Zire
Geek.com has been leaked a picture of the Palm Zire, the low-end model Palm Inc. is expected to announce next month. This confirms much of what has previously been leaked about this model, including that it has only two hardware application buttons, not the four that have always been standard on Palm OS models.
Update: Todd Bradley, CEO of Palm's Solutions Group, said his company's entry-level model will be launched October 7.
According to sources, this will be a bare bones model with only 2 MB of RAM and no SD/MMC slot. It won't use Palm's Universal Connector and won't come with a cradle. Instead, it will use a mini USB cable and separate charging cable that will connect directly to it. It will run Palm OS 4.1.
When Palm CEO Eric Benhamou first said in June that his company was introducing this model, he said it was designed for very price conscious buyers. Palm believes this model will be appealing to a very large number of potential customers. Also, it could lead to future sales of more expensive handhelds. "First-time Palm users want to upgrade one year to 18 months later," Benhamou said at the time.
"Palm Zire" will probably not be the full name of this model. Instead, Zire will be the name of a family of handhelds from Palm, like the Visor line from Handspring.
Article Comments(168 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah