SD/MMC MemPlug Springboard Announced
Pocket Innovations has announced the MemPlug SD/MMC, a Springboard module that, as its name suggests, allows the Visor line to use SD and MMC cards. It comes with seven built-in applications to perform functions like move files around, backup the handheld's memory, view images, and more. It will also have a vibrating alarm. A release date and price have not yet been announced.
It comes with PiDirect, which allows users to access read-only apps and databases on the card, and PiVFSMgr, which allows Palm OS 4.0 VFS-supported applications to run on the Visor just like they would on the Palm m500 series or Sony Clié.
It's other built-in apps are:
- PiBackup -- Does the backup and restoration of applications and data to and from the card.
- PiMover -- Handles file management for the SD/MMC card and can create up to 25 levels of sub-directories to manage files.
- PiPrefs -- Does quick or full formatting for the card and manages other preferences.
- PiViewer -- allows direct decoding and viewing of JPEG images from memory cards in 16-bit color or 16 gray-scale display.
- gMovie Player -- Allows the playback of 16-bit color video, animation or still images stored on the card.
- CspotRun -- Allows direct viewing of files in Palm Doc format stored on the SD/MMC card.
Its 1 MB onboard ROM is flashable so it can be updated by the company with new versions of the applications.
It is not yet know if it will be able to use SD input/output devices; however, all of the other MemPlug versions are restricted to using just memory cards. Other versions include ones for Compact Flash, Smart Media, and Memory Sticks.
Thanks to skoty for the tip. -Ed
Article Comments(7 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W