Treo 600 Bluetooth Bounty
The folks at TreoCentral have organized a grass-roots e-fundraising drive in search of Bluetooth support for the Treo 600. The drive aims to make a Bluetooth SD card driver available for the smartphone.
Many Treo enthusiasts have been disappointed with the lack of Bluetooth in the current Treo 600 and don't want to have to wait until the next generation treo to get Bluetooth functionality, which is a more than likely feature addition. There are a number of Bluetooth SD cards on the market today, including on from palmOne, yet no driver exists for the card to work with the Treo 600 or any other Palm OS 5 devices.
TreoCentral announced plans to offer a cash reward to the first developer that can bring limited bluetooth functionality to the Treo 600. The bounty, which started with a $100 pledge, is currently over $3100 USD and rising. The driver at minimum must allow for Bluetooth hotsyncing and file transfer. Unfortunately, wireless headset will not be possible as the current SDIO Bluetooth expansion card do not support this service.
The Bluetooth Bounty will expire on September 6, 2004. Any possible driver must be completed before that date to win the bounty.
Article Comments(8 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife