PDAapps Releases Unified IM Client
PDAapps has released an always on, unified Instant Messaging (IM) client for the Palm OS called VeriChat. It works with your persistent (GPRS/CDMA 1xRTT) or CSD wireless data connection to give you an always-on presence on the Yahoo!, MSN & AOL chat networks.
The unique thing about Verichat is that you don't have to be in the application for you to chat with your buddies. They always see you as online and can send you messages, and you can receive and reply to them while in another app. You can be logged onto Yahoo, Microsoft Messenger and AOL IM all at the same time and can be talking to your buddies on either of these networks simultaneously.
It works with all PalmOS based SmartPhones (that have a data connection - circuit-switch data or high-speed data) including the Treo 180, Treo 270, Treo 300, Samsung I330, Kyocera 7135, VisorPhone, etc. lt also works with your Palm OS PDA if it has an Internet connection and a paging address.
You can use a Wireless phone via IR (infra-red) or BlueTooth for the PDA's internet connectivity, i.e., a Tungsten-T or a Treo 90 coupled via bluetooth with a Ericsson T68.
The program files has a small memory footprint, 81KB of RAM (compare to AIM's 400KB+). It is available now from PDAapps. There is a 15 day trial period.
Article Comments(35 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler