Snappermail Standard Edition Released
Snapperfish Ltd. today announced its POP3 e-mail client, SnapperMail, is now in full release. Snappermail has extensive support for native file attachments, FingerNav technology for optimized use with smartphones and automatic mail fetching.
"This release is the culmination of our 5 month long public beta program. Its goal was to evolve SnapperMail into the most stable and powerful e-mail client for Palm OS. User feedback tells us we've succeeded." commented Will Lau, director of product design and business development for Snapperfish Ltd.
When SnapperMail Public Beta was released in September 2002, it was notable for moving away from industry standard of using expensive and temperamental conversion servers to transform mail attachments into simple Palm format databases. Instead it pioneered an elegant method of opening desktop format attachments onboard the handheld.
SnapperMail has a host of unique, easy to use features designed for a best in class email experience, including:
- FingerNav technology, facilitating user friendly finger operation with smartphones
- No size limits on message bodies and attachments.
- Attachment support in desktop format with partner applications. Supported filetypes include MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Zip, Jpeg, BMP, GIF, PNG, vCard, vCalender, Text, HTML, CSV, WAV, and Midi.
- With periodic mail fetching, you can automatically check mail while your PDA/phone combo is in your pocket and configure vibration notifacation or audible alerts.
- Memory Card support including a full file browser for attaching and saving files.
SnapperMail comes bundled with a starter pack of supporting applications including:
- HandWatch HandZipper Lite, which supports opening Zip archives and creating and sending Zip, files.
- HandWatch JpegWatch Lite, which supports viewing and sending Jpeg images.
- A free 15 day trial of Cutting Edge Software's Quickoffice Premier v7, which can open and edit Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint attachments natively on the handheld.
SnapperMail Standard Edition is available as a free trial via electronic download from the SnapperMail.com. Normal pricing for SnapperMail Standard Edition is $34.95.
Article Comments(19 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf
- RE: Don't we have this already? -LiveFaith