Sony Japan Announces the Clie TG50
(Updated) Sony Japan has announced the Clie PEG-TG50. From what we can tell the TG50 runs Palm OS 5 and has a built in Bluetooth, keyboard and flip cover.
The PEG-TG50 runs Palm OS 5.0. It is powered by the 200mhz Intel PXA250 XScale CPU and has 16MB of RAM. It has a 16 bit, 320x320 pixel display. It also has an integrated Bluetooth (Class 2; 10m) radio, an enhanced IR port, voice recorder, memory stick expansion and mp3 audio.
Directly below the screen is the built in keyboard similar to the one found on the NZ90. It appears you can also enter standard graffiti via a software program.
Its dimensions are 2.8" x 4.96"x .64" inches (71.6 x 126 x 16.2mm) and weights 6.4 ounces (184g).
The device comes with Sony's suite of Palm OS 5 software including the Clie Launcher, Audio Player, Clie Viewer, Clie Mail, an mpeg movie player and Clie Files. There is also a number of bundled third party software including the Macromedia Flash player, Picsel viewer and the NetFront web browser.
UPDATE: Pictures at PalmOSLove now confirm that the keypad has a orange tinted backlight. The TG50 has a rechargeable lithium ion battery. Sony says the battery will last 11 days with 30 minutes of use per day without the screen backlight. The casing is made of aluminum. It's is priced at 39,800 Yen, which is roughly $340. It will likely debut around $399 in the US.
Rumor: Additional FCC Sony TG50 Information
Article Comments(112 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife