Clie CF Memory Card Drivers Released
EruWare has released a Compact Flash Storage Card Driver for the Sony Clie. This driver enables Clie models PEG-NX60, PEG-NX70V, and PEG-NZ90 to use the CompactFlash slot with standard CF memory.
The new driver allows most CF memory cards to be used in the models with the CF slot, which was previously only used for the Sony Wireless Expansion card. CF cards from 2 MB to 1 GB can now be used with the PEG-NX60, PEG-NX70V, and PEG-NZ90 models.
A utility program is provided with the driver that allows users to auto-mount cards (making the functioning of the CF cards as transparent as Memory Sticks). This utility also allows users to make the CompactFlash slot behave as though it were the MemoryStick slot on the Clie, thereby allowing access to selected built-in applications such as Audio Player and Movie Player.
According to EruWare, applications that have multi-volume storage card support will already support the driver and others are working to supporting it. If an application does not have multi-volume support, you can usually take out the Memory Stick to make the application work through “Memory Stick Masquerading”. There is a FAQ and a list of working cards on the site.
EruWare plans to continue to add features to the driver as well as to the utility. All purchasers of the driver are entitled to free lifetime upgrades of the driver. The driver is priced at US $27.00 and is available now.
Article Comments(20 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife