CAD Drawings Go Mobile
A new program called ZipCAD allows professionals and designers to create CAD drawings on palm OS devices.
ZiPCAD was designed by a architectural firm principal with an emphasis on an intuitive user-interface. "Field conditions can now be drawn faster. There's no longer a need to draw conditions by hand and then draft them back at the office; or to lug a laptop around the site." Says Richard Coutts, President and CEO of 123-D Software Inc.
Drawings can be exported to any major desktop CAD system, such as AutoCAD, via the DXF file format. ZiPCAD™ has more than 60 of the most commonly used CAD features including 9 draw tools, 5 select tools, 9 view tools, 18 build tools, infinite undo/redo, layers, line types, custom colors, entity snapping, shortcut keys, doors, windows, and context sensitive help.
ZiPCAD will run on any Palm-compatible device running OS version 3.1 or higher. ZiPCAD requires desktop software to export the DXF drawings, which is currently only compatible with Windows. It is available now for download for $149.95.
Article Comments(29 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife