1 Million Zire Handhelds Sold and Counting
Palm Solutions Group announced today that sales of the original Zire handheld have passed the 1 million mark. The Zire has been the fastest-growing handheld in Palm's history.
"By focusing on what matters most to the mainstream, we delivered the first consumer handheld to break the sub-$100 price point and reached a previously untapped market," said Todd Bradley, president and chief executive officer, Palm Solutions Group. "And the mainstream responded -- first-time handheld purchasers, including students, families and individuals, have embraced the Zire handheld as an affordable way to organize their busy lives."
The Zire was introduced last October as the first $99 handheld, it continues to be the most affordable and lightest-weight Palm branded handheld to date.
In the United States and Europe, the Zire was the best-selling handheld during the holidays, according to The NPD Group, and currently continues to be among the five top-selling handheld models. The NPD Group data also confirmed the Zire handheld had the highest sales figures during its first three months after introduction of any handheld tracked by the market-information company.
Thanks to Craig Simpson for the tip.
Article Comments(38 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife