Rumor: Is this the Tungsten T|2?
A picture of what may be the next Tungsten T replacement has been posted to a Chinese PDA message board. Though not many details are known and the picture's authenticity can not be confirmed, this may be evidence of a coming updated Tungsten T.
The picture first appeared on a Chinese PDA message board. All Palm branded handhelds are now manufactured in China.
The translated rumors mention that the device has 32MB or internal memory. It also uses a Transflective TFT screen, the same used in the new Zire 71 and Tungsten C. The operating system has been bumped up to OS 5.2, which allows for the higher memory capacity and the Graffiti 2 hand-writing system. The casing of the pictured unit also appears to be a lighter color hue than the T|T.
The original Tungsten T has 16MB of memory, a reflective screen and ran Palm OS 5.0.
As with all rumors, many details are not known or concrete such as processor type and speed. The Tungsten T has been Palm SG's only handheld to date with integrated bluetooth.
PIC Forum Discussion
Article Comments(163 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife